The Retail Membership shall consist of legitimate retailers of Dancewear/Dance Footwear who:
- Pay municipal and/or provincial retail business license and/or tax(es).
- Carry year-round stock of dancewear and shoes.
- Carry and display a stock in trade at a permanent location.
- Are open for business during normal daily business hours for 12 months each calendar year Sell to the general public.
- Do not buy from basement operations unless the article is not available from a manufacturing member.
- Do not tranship. (Do not supply a given manufacturer’s goods to a retailer who does not have an account with that manufacturer)
The Manufacturer Membership shall consist of legitimate manufacturer of Dancewear/Dance Footwear who:
- Are a commercially zoned legitimate manufacturing operation regardless of country.
- Pay municipal and/or provincial manufacturing business license and/or tax(es).
- Attend the annual DAC meeting.
- Maintain a presence in Canada.
- Deal directly and exclusively with legitimate retailers, as outlined above.
- Do not sell directly to dance companies, dance schools, or the ultimate consumer. (Note: A manufacturer may sell seconds or damaged good through a factory outlet.)